St. James Church History Day

On October 12, 2014,  The Edison Rotary Club participated in the History Day Clebration at St. James Episcopal Church, known to local residents as “The Old White Church”.

St. James was chartered by Queen Anne in 1704, who also sent a gift of a silver Chalice (cup) and Platen (plate). The Cemetery next the church is known as the Piscatawaytown Burial Ground and contains graves dating to the 1600’s. American and British soldiers who were killed in a nearby battle in the Revolutionary War are buried here.

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.